Frequently Asked Questions
Online Federal Tax Id ApplicationFrequently Asked Questions
Employer Identification Number (EIN), also known as a Federal Tax Identification Number is a nine-digit number assigned to businesses by the United States Government.
The EIN is used to identify taxpayers obligated to file various business tax returns. A Federal Tax Identification Number is used in many ways- for example- employers, sole proprietors, corporations, partnerships, non-profit organizations, trusts and Employer Identification Number (EIN), also known as a Federal Tax Identification Number is a nine-digit number assigned to businesses by the United States Government.
The EIN is used to identify taxpayers obligated to file various business tax returns. A Federal Tax Identification Number is used in many ways- for example- employers, sole proprietors, corporations, partnerships, non-profit organizations, trusts and estates, government agencies, certain individuals, and other types of business entities.
, government agencies, certain individuals, and other types of business entities.
General Federal Tax Identification Number Application Questions
- Application Process
- Payment Questions
- Application Time
- Additional Fees [ none ]
- Online Application Assistance
- Email Address Privacy
Dun & Bradstreet D&B (DUNS) Number Questions
- D&B Number
- Advantages & Benefits of a D&B Number
- Optional Service [ DUNS not required ]
What are the steps involved in obtaining a Federal Tax Identification Number online?
- Basic Company Information:
- Company Name
- Mailing Address
- Provide payment information securely online with credit card.
- You will receive an e-mail within fifteen to thirty minutes after payment is confirmed
- Open the email, click the web link, and log in with the provided user name and password.
- Follow the confirmation process, and retrieve your active Federal Tax Id Number.
- Download the Certified Letter containing your Federal Tax Id Number
- United States Government Seal & active Federal Tax Id Number are printed on the letter.
Can I make payment with a personal credit card?
- The payment information address and person on the credit card is not linked to any information on the online Federal Tax ID Application. Please note you may use a personal credit card.
- The credit card billing address must be entered correctly when completing payment. This address is used only for credit card billing verification.
- This address is independent and has no bearing or relation to the address of the company or the EIN application
How long does the process usually take?
- Most individuals receive their IRS Tax ID within ten minutes from the time they begin the process.
- The process takes place over the internet without any faxing, phone calls or mailing involved.
- There will be no time delays to begin the process and most importantly, no waiting.
How can I expect to receive my receipt as proof of purchase?
- An electronic receipt is sent to your e-mail address.
Are there any additional fees or charges?
- All fees are included.
- You will receive personalized log in information via e-mail and may use this service in the future as often as needed without paying any additional fees.
- Your registration through the online system will never expire and no other fees will ever be due.
What if I have difficulty in obtaining a Federal Tax ID Number using the online system?
- If you have any difficulties, live phone operators are always available to assist you.
How will my e-mail address be used?
- The e-mail address you provide will only be used to send the electronic receipt as proof of purchase for your records.
- The e-mail address will not be saved or sold to any third parties.
Dun & Bradstreet (D&B DUNS)
What is the D&B Dun & Bradstreet (DUNS) Number?
- A Dun & Bradstreet Number, or D&B Number, is used to determine business credit worthiness.
- The Data Universal Numbering System, abbreviated as DUNS or D-U-N-S is a system developed and regulated by Dun & Bradstreet (D&B) which assigns a unique numeric identifier to a single business entity.
- This numeric identifier is then referred to as a DUNS number.
- It has gained wide acceptance globally and is a common standard.
What are the benefits of a D&B (DUNS) number ?
- Properly obtaining a DUNS number through www.online-federal-tax-id-application.com will ensure your companies information is accurate with the business credit reporting agency. Virtually all business credit applications request or require a DUNS number.
Do I have to obtain a D&B (DUNS) Number?
- This is an optional service and, while highly recommended, it is not required.You are not obligated to obtain a D&B number.
Is there a fee for the (DUNS) Number?
- Whether you elect to receive a D&B (DUNS) Number or you choose not to, no additional fees or charges exist.
May I elect to receive a D&B (DUNS) Number at a later time?
- You may also complete the application at a later time simply by logging into the online system here with the information contained in your e-mail receipt.
If you have any difficulties, live phone operators are always available to assist you.